About Dorazio Construction & Engineering
MISSION: The mission of Dorazio Enterprises, INC. is to develop, operate and expand a principal industrial and power construction company with its headquarters in San Antonio, Texas, that provides new electric-utility and water-resource construction, and utility-maintenance service excellence to both national and international customers.
HISTORY: Over the years, Dorazio has evolved from a residential and commercial framing business into a developer of industrial properties. Dorazio has constructed electrical substations and power plants, and performed dam rehabilitation and/or modernization, and drainage-channel improvements. Dorazio has developed relationships as a General Contractor and as a major heavy-construction subcontractor for electrical utility general contractors. Dorazio has completed design-build (D-B) and design-bid-build (D-B-B) projects for commercial and industrial property developers, and has provided follow-on operation and maintenance construction services through Task Order Contracts (TOC) or Job Order Contracts (JOC). Dorazio has performed public work for government entities including the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), San Antonio River Authority (SARA), the City of San Antonio (COSA), San Antonio Water System (SAWS), CPS Energy, and numerous local municipalities.
CONSTRUCTION EXPERTISE: Dorazio Enterprises, INC. is recognized around San Antonio and Central Texas as a small-business leader in electrical utility and water management construction. Dorazio specializes in all facets of new and follow-on heavy and facilities construction including: site surveys, exploratory excavation, earthwork and site preparation, grubbing and clearing, soil stripping and stockpiling, demolition and disposal, structural cast-in-place concrete, piers, concrete finishing, precast concrete, site-cast concrete, cement and concrete for earthwork, bridges, concrete repair, metal work, structural steel framing, metal bridges, wood framing, fabricated engineered structures, underground utilities, water utilities, sanitary sewer utilities, storm drainage utilities, electrical power distribution utilities, piping, drains, catch basins, detention ponds, filtration ponds, retention ponds, irrigation ponds, wet ponds, swales, weirs and culverts, SPCC pits and tanks, excavation, filling and backfilling, grading and scraping, trenching, ripping, drilling, dewatering, subgrade preparation, hauling, compacting, erosion and sedimentation control, soil treatment, soil stabilization, lime soil stabilization, geo-synthetic soil stabilization and layer separation, grouted soil nailing, sheet piling, rock stabilization, gabions, riprap, shoring, cofferdams, slurry walls, driven piles, bored piles, site maintenance, exterior improvements including bases, aggregate bases, ballasts and paving, sidewalks and driveways, asphaltic base and paving, concrete paving, airport runways, curbs and gutters, bollards, fences and gates, retaining walls, segmented walls, screens, landscaping, topsoil, seeding, hydromulching and sodding, planting, trees protection, trees, septic tanks, geotextiles and geogrid, among many others.
CURRENT PROJECTS: Dorazio’s current projects are Delivery Orders from CPS Energy JOCs. Recent new construction has included the OCI Solar Substation (SS) on Blue Wing Rd., and the Palo Alto SS on SW Loop 410 across from Palo Alto College. Construction maintenance has included foundation repair, paving and drainage improvements on various T-Lines and ROWs, Austin Rd. SS paving, Hotwells SS paving, Brooks SS paving, Buckeye SS drainage, ESD paving/sealcoating/striping, EMC dumpster pad, etc.
ENGINEERING SERVICES: On April 11, 2012, Dorazio Engineering came into existence when the Texas Board of Professional Engineers issued Registration Certificate F-14185 to Dorazio Enterprises, INC. Dorazio created an Engineering Department that provides Customers with turnkey Professional Engineering Services (PES) concentrating on Construction Management (CM). Dorazio Engineering operates with an extensive network of consultants to collectively provide a Project Owner with the following Agent/Consultant CM Services: (1) preplanning and programming phase services; (2) design phase services; (3) procurement phase services; (4) construction phase services; (5) testing services; (6) claims services; and post-construction services. The Dorazio Engineering Staff, with over 150 years of combined experience, also provides Environmental Services (ES).
Our Latest Contract
Dorazio’s latest awards include the following Job Order Contracts (JOCs):
1. CPS Energy’s General Substation Sitework and Construction Contract. This multi-year Contract runs from 2013-2016, and operates as a Job Order Contract (JOC) with multiple Delivery Orders (DOs). Dorazio was recently awarded a sitework DO for the new Ranchtown Substation in Helotes, Texas.
2. CPS Energy’s Right of Way (ROW) Maintenance Services Contract. This multi-year Contract runs from 2013-2016, and operates as a JOC with multiple DOs.
3. CPS Energy’s Substation Miscellaneous Paving Contract. This multi-year Contract runs from 2012-2015, and operates as a JOC with multiple DOs. Of particular mention, Dorazio was recently awarded paving DOs for the new Hot Wells Substation Paving, the existing Brooks Field Substation Paving, the new Palo Alto Substation Sitework, the new 36th St. Substation Paving, the existing West Side Substation Paving, the new OCI Alamo 1 Substation Paving and a variety of other CPS Energy facility DOs.
4. CPS Energy’s Transmission Repair & Maintenance Work Contract. This multi-year Contract runs from 2012-2015, and operates as a JOC with multiple DOs. Of particular mention, Dorazio was awarded the Texas Cryptologic Center (TCC) Substation Transformer Addition, and multiple DOs for T-Line and ROW Easement Maintenance.
Dorazio was also awarded the following competitive-bid on May 31, 2013:
1. CPS Energy’s Tri-County Substation Contract.